200 reasons why you are NOT RANKING well on Google (or Google Local)
When is comes to Search Engine Ranking dabbling in (SEO), is a dangerous thing so I’m not here today to tell you the “5 simple steps you need to do to get into a first page position” – because that would be pulling the wool over your eyes.
What I will do is give you 5 stark facts that will make or break your chances of ranking on page one.
- It’s a fact that every vertical and market is highly competitive. This is especially so when it comes to the search engines because the top organic listing on any page will get over 80% of the clicks for any category.
- These days the only way to get seen online, on Google, is to play the SEO game by Google’s rules, and let me tell you, they are exacting and subject to constant changes and upgrades.
- If you still think that SEO is easy (or unnecessary for your business) think again.
- If you are trying to get your website ranked in a position that brings you more sales and business there are certain critical checks and tasks that you need to have in place.
- In Local search, he who has the most important, and relevant puzzle pieces all in the right places – WINS!
Sadly, what you don’t know about SEO and Google ranking factors CAN and WILL hurt you.
Just to give you an idea of what you are up against when you choose to play the Local SEO game, I have decided to share this info-graphic* from Backlinko and Search Engine Journal with you.
It is an amazing graphic checklist that give you an explanation of essential ranking factors, coupled with a list of fatal, but common mistakes that many website owners and webmasters make.
Whatever your knowledge level, I recommend you take 5 minutes now to have a good look.
And before you do, my advice to you is that if you don’t understand what you are looking at here, then why take the chance that your website’s SEO is not up to par?
We have set up a free resource that gives you a search engine advantage over your competition, so don’t hesitate to take advantage of it.
What are you waiting for? Get your website properly diagnosed and try our free Website SEO Clinic today.
* Those of you that are highly observant will have noticed that the info-graphic was made in 2012. Over the past 12 months Google have made a bunch of updates, checks and qualifiers that add even more layers of complexity to the SEO conundrum.
You can get your website properly diagnosed via our free Website SEO Clinic today. We are happy to help and look forward to getting to know you and your business.